Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Confused

Corporate Job And Fulbright?

Hey. In the introductions I have noticed that a few of the folks on this forum have had corporate jobs, and still managed to get a Fulbright for Public Policy.

I always thought Fulbright would be given to development professionals, people with backgrounds in NGOs etc. Is this not true? 

@ confused

I don't think there is any set template. I myself worked for a corporate FMCG company and still managed to secure a Fulbright for Public Policy. It's important that you have a narrative to back up your aspirations though. What you want to do with your degree and how it will help you in the long run is what really matters. If you can convince the decision makers that you know what you're doing then there is not necessarily problem.

@confused

Yes, I'd second Ahsan on that. My CV when I applied for the Fulbright showed two corporates - an FMCG and a telco... and I still managed to secure a Fulbright for Public Policy. Your narrative has to succinctly link your previous education, current experience, and future academic and career ambitions. If you're able to successfully do that, there's no reason why you wouldn't be selected!